Tuesday, July 18, 2006

7.18.06 - T minus 3 days

T-MINUS 3 DAYS: to my first ever kayaking/camping trip. Woo-hoo! I'm crazy excited!

My first realization:
1) One can't put a kayak on a practically brand-spanking new Audi.

WTF was I thinking? Can anyone tell me?! Ha! Certain family members can! They were like.....here she goes again, doing something kooky again.

So, my father and I sat on the driveway looking at all the components of the entire roof rack system on a sweltering weekend in the great State of New York. My brother, ignoring me, with a migranous headache lay frustrated, but more likely ignoring her sister's utter stupidity/naiviete in the coolness of his bedroom, probably waiting for me to come to the conclusion that hey, this is a really dumb idea.

Yeah, yeah, yeah (a la Emeril), I finally admit: This is a retarded idea and I'm entirely retarded for having realized this after-the-fact.

Fast forward......48 hours later, I find myself back in the MidAtlantic, sleepless in my bed, worrying, of all inane things: Can I return all those components and get a full refund? This is one of the things that my head is tossing around as I lay sleepless in the MidAtlantic (The other thing that keeps me sleepless? Boys (aka Men.) What else? But, I digress. I will go into that, perhaps in a future entry.)

Today, it's 103 degrees (at least that's what the thermometer in my Audi tells me) in the MidAtlantic, as well as in the rest of the US, as I drive my Audi to Peter's shop. This is definately brain-numbing weather, I think, as me and my awesome driving machine come to a stop. I pass by Dr. Gadget's homemade water-spritzing, floor-standing fan as I enter the door to Peter's shop. Hummmh....very creative invention.

Peter and I chit-chat in the UNAIRCONDITIONED warehouse-sized store. We do the item exchanges. Peter is awesome and a very interesting character. I leave a satisfied customer.

As, I approach the red beauty.....it occurs to me:

My second realization (or not really, at this point):

2) I'm in love with my Audi. (But, anyone who really knows me, already knows that!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home